Pages

Monday, December 12, 2016

Snowglobe Shaker Card

Hi everyone. I'm back again to share with you my latest card.  Ever since I bought the Holiday Frame stamp set illustrated by Melanie Muenchinger for Gina K. Designs, I knew I wanted to try my hand at making a shaker card with it. I looked at a couple of how-to videos and found that I liked Kristina Werner's video the best because she also gives some really good tips.



I first planned out the shaker portion of the card, used a 3.5" circle die to cut two circles, one from acetate and the second from heavy weight card stock.  Stamped the trees with GKD Christmas Pine ink and colored with Copic YG61 and added "snow" with a white pigment ink pen. The background is colored with Copic markers, I really didn't want to have to mask the trees and then added snow with the white pen.  I placed two-face foam tape around the perimeter of this circle following Kristina's instructions, added snowflake sequins and crystal glitter then adhered the acetate circle. Yay, it worked!

Once the hard part (for me) was done, I stamped the Holiday Frame and snow globe base using my MISTI (works every time).  Cut the opening, stamped the snowflakes and greeting, colored the base and outline with Spectrum Noir markers and then attached the shaker part. After adding the ribbon I adhered the whole thing onto GKD Heavy Base Weight White cardstock. Of course I had to add just a bit of bling and snowflake sequins. 

I love how this card came out, my thanks to Kristina's easy instructions, and I hope you like it too. I'm entering this card: StampTV December Release Challenge and the Mod Squad Challenge.

Materials used:
GKD Heavy Base Weight White card stock
GKD Holiday Frame and Christmas Joy stamp set (snowflakes)
Inks: GKD Christmas Pine, Red Hot and Blue Lagoon; Memento Tuxedo Black
Markers: Background - Copics B37, B34 and B32; Trees - YG61. 
Base - Spectrum Noir EB5 and TN7
Crafter's Companion Essentials Circles Dies
GKD 3/8" Red Gingham Ribbon
Uni-Ball White Pigmenk Ink Pen
Wink of Stella Clear
MISTI

Thanks for stopping by.  Until my next post I wish you warm hugs and blessings.

UPDATED 12/14/2016 - Won Mod Squad Challenge Top 3 




4 comments:

  1. This is just fabulous, and an awesome way to use Mel's stamp set. And yes, I love Kristina Werner's directions on how to make a shaker card. I love the trees in the globe, and your shaker bits are perfect. Really cute card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, you certainly succeeded in making a wonderful shaker card with this set. I don't think that people realize how much we, as artist are willing to do, to create a perfect card. Mel will bow to you. Thanks for joining us at the Mod Squad challenge this week. Merry Christmas and good luck.
    Barbara, Mod Squad host.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is outstandingly beautiful. I love the shaker and the cute little scene you added to the snow globe design.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful shaker! Love the little scene you created!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to read your comments. Thanks for taking the time to leave one.