Pages

Monday, November 14, 2016

Thankful Joy Fold Card

Hello. Come and join us over at StampTV where I am hosting this week's Mix-It-Up-Monday (MIUM) challenge.

The challenge is to make a Thankful Joy Fold card (repeat this 3 times real fast and you'll be saying Thankful Joyful). This is a fun and easy card to make, great for using up those beautiful pattern papers we like so much. There are many tutorials on making this fun folding card on YouTube and Pinterest. You can make it for Thanksgiving or just to say Thank You.


To make this card I cut card stock 7-3/8" x 4-1/4" and scored it at 2". This makes the 2" panel, then your card will measure 5-1/2" x 4-1/4" (regular A2 size easy for mailing). I cut another piece 6" x 3" and scored that at 3". This is the top 3" square.  Cut two pieces of pattern paper measuring 1-3/8" x 4" and 5-1/8" x 4" (front panel and background). I ran the 3" square through my Sizzix using one of Spellbinders Nestabilities Gold Squares One Enhancing Elements then sponged the edges with GKD Blue Lagoon. The sentiment is also stamped using Blue Lagoon.


For the inside of the square I cut a square piece of paper 2-3/8". Sponged the edges with Blue Lagoon and added a small strip 2-3/8" x 1/2" of the same pattern paper. This card comes together very quickly making it very easy if you want to make many.

Materials used:
Card base: White Pearl card stock (my stash)
Sentiment: Gina K. Frame & Flowers 1
Inkpad: Gina K. Blue Lagoon
Pattern Papers: Gina K. The Simple Things paper pack
Spellbinders Nestabilities Enhancing Elements Gold Squares One
Buttons (my stash)

I hope you come and join us over at StampTV. I will also be entering this card in this week's Mod Squad Challenge hosted by my friend Donna Phelan.

Thanks for stopping by. Until next post, I wish you a wonderfully creative week.

Hugs & Blessings.



3 comments:

  1. Love your JOY fold card, the colors and design are beautiful! Great button accents and leafy designer paper! Heading over to check out your challenge now! xo~ Thanks so much for playing along with us at The Mod Squad Challenge Donna, Challenge Host.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just so pretty. I love the turquoise along with the fall colors...who knew they would work so well together. Doing the frame for the greeting in that way is perfect, love embossing and then sponging. And the buttons are just the final perfect touch...very nice. Now I must scoot over and look at your challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card. I have not done many of this style and this is a good reminder to try it soon. Your color choices are fabulous as is the subject matter. Thanks for sharing. If I were not so busy I would certainly try a joy fold card again now.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to read your comments. Thanks for taking the time to leave one.