Pages

Monday, November 21, 2016

Happy Holidays

Hi everyone. This is Thanksgiving week and I am sure everyone is busy getting their home and traditional recipes ready. Whether you are preparing to host this annual meal or to travel to join family members, let's remember that it's not just about the food, it's really about the people who surround us on this special occasion. So enjoy one another and be safe.

I want to share two cards with you today. The first is a one layer CAS card.


For this card I used Melanie Muenchinger's Holiday Frame stamp set. It's such a beautiful and versatile set, easily paired with her other sets. Perfect for mass producing, especially if you use a stamping tool like the Misti. I am entering this card in this week's CAS challenge over at StampTV and Mod Squad's Ribbon Challenge.




My second card is a little more elaborate, but oh so fun to make. I'm in love with coloring, it could be with pencils, markers or water colors. For this card I used Hollyberries digital stamp by Power Poppy by Marcella Hawley. Colored them then fussy cut, added a tiny dot with a white gel pen which made the berries just pop. It's the first time I heard of Power Poppy, they're a new sponsor over at Mod Squad Challenge blog, they have beautifully illustrated stamps and digis. You should check them out. I am entering this card in the special challenge over at Mod Squad Challenge.

Materials used:
Card #1:
Gina K. Pure Luxury White Heavy Base cardstock
Melanie Muenchinger's Holiday Frame
Gina K. Christmas Pine and Red Hot inks
Memento Rich Cocoa ink
Pentalic Olive Watercolor Pencil
Green ribbon and bling from my stash
Silver gel pen

Card #2
Gina K. Pure Luxury Prickly Pear card stock
Jupiter Red card stock for mats
Starstream White Pearl embossed with Sizzix Holly Embossing Folder
Power Poppy Hollyberries Digital Stamp set
Red ribbon from my stash

Thank you for stopping by and have a wonderful Thanksgiving.

Hugs & Blessings
UPDATED: 11/23/2016


3 comments:

  1. Beautiful cards, Sylvia! Love the CAS look and one layerness of your first one, the colors are so pretty! I think your 2nd one is my favorite with your beautiful coloring, that holly looks awesome, I like how you used 2 to frame your sentiment. Beautiful ribbon and am loving all that texture! Thanks so much for checking out the new site and playing along with us at the Mod Squad Blog, Christmas & Ribbons Challenge, Donna DT Member.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, these are both lovely! I'm with you, I love coloring too, and any medium will do. Your designs are gorgeous and you have colored the holly perfectly. Great take on the challenge, thanks so much for playing along with us this week over at the Mod Squad Challenge!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your cards are both so wonderful and I love the beautiful coloring you did. That holly is one of my favorite images this year. And, you used it fantastically.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to read your comments. Thanks for taking the time to leave one.