Pages

Monday, November 7, 2016

Gold Christmas

Hi friends. I'm having fun with gold foil and gold embossing powder. Today's card is for this week's Mod Squad Challenge "Go for the Gold".


I used Melanie Muenchinger's Holiday Frame and the poinsettia from her A Year of Flowers stamp set.  This could very well be a one layer card, but I wanted some dimension so I glued the layer to fun foam before adhering to Gina K's Heavy Weight White card base. The poinsettia is embossed on vellum then colored on the back with White Prismacolor coloring pencil. I prepared three Poinsettias this way then fussy cut two of them and layered them to get even more dimension. 

I'm sharing another card I made for this challenge and for Sean's challenge over at StampTV. This one has gold foil and gold embossing. I'm definitely going for the gold here!


The focal image is from Gina K's Sparkling Christmas and the sentiment is from Holiday Frame; both are gold embossed. The foiled frame is an image sheet from Gina K. (I think it was an incentive). I adhered this layer to Jupiter Red card stock (from my stash) then on to Gina K. Prickly Pear card stock.

Thanks for stopping by.

Hugs & Blessings


4 comments:

  1. OM goodness. You did a wonderful job on these creations. Love the gold on the first card. The poinsettia in the center really makes a statement. Your second card with the gold foil embossing is so elegant.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for joining us at the Mod Squad Challenge this week.
    Barbara, Mod Squad Challenge host

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely stunning, Sylvia!!! LOVE what you have done with Melanie's frame set. So much inspiration, I'm going to pin this one!!! XO~

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your cards are so very gorgeous and beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to read your comments. Thanks for taking the time to leave one.