Pages

Monday, October 24, 2016

The Way We Were Challenge

Hi everyone. Today I'm sharing a card I made for this week's Mod Squad Challenge.  Judy Woodland and Vicki Dutcher are hosting this week's "The Way We Were" challenge. We are to choose one of our old creations and CASE ourselves. Use a favorite card and put a new twist on it.

I chose to CASE this gatefold card because they're fun to make and it's a great way to use your pattern paper:


This is my new card:



The pattern paper is from Gina K's Sparkling Christmas StampTV kit. The poinsettia is from Melanie Meunchinger's A Year of Flowers stamp set. I stamped it three times, colored with Copics, fussy cut then assembled the layers to give it some added dimension. I was inspired after watching Vicky Papaioannou's video.  I used Clear Wink of Stella to give it some glitter and added rhinestones.

Here are the materials I used:
Pearl Shine card stock for the base
Neenah White card stock (for Poinsettia)
Gina K. Pure Luxury Fresh Asparagus for the mats 2" x 5-3/8" (2) and 3" square
Gina K. Sparkling Christmas Pattern Paper 1-7/8" x 5-1/4" (2)
A Year of Flowers
Copics
Clear Wink of Stella
Rhinestones

Thanks for stopping by, til next post. 
Hugs & Blessings


UPDATE: 10/26/2016

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE this, Sylvia. I forget about this style, and it's always a stunner. Thanks for the reminder. I really like your choice of papers, and your coloring is spot on. What a beautiful poinsettia!!! Well done, and great take on the challenge. Thanks so much for playing along with us this week over at the Mod Squad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both are so beautiful but I just love the one you did currently. What a pretty poinsettia and I love how it goes with the choice of your pattern papers. I used to make this type of card a lot too. Thanks for the reminder as I might have to try this style again.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to read your comments. Thanks for taking the time to leave one.