Pages

Monday, October 17, 2016

Sending Love


Hello. Come and join us over at StampTV where I am hosting this week's Mix-It-Up-Monday (MIUM) challenge.

This week we are CASEing one of our Design Team Members, Karen Hightower. She creates beautiful cards and keeps us inspired with her Friday Funday challenges. I love Karen's style and creativity. Her layering and card layouts are fun to duplicate and a great way to learn how to use patterns.  This is the card that I chose to CASE:



Here is my card:

I kept the same layout and used the same Kraft card base and sentiment, but changed the images and color.  Karen has a fun tutorial to make this card.

I paired the sentiments with the snowflakes because I had someone in particular in mind when I made this card. Christmas is a beautiful time of the year (as the song says), and yet for many it's also the most difficult time of the year. Especially for those who are grieving the loss of a dear one.  We have a family friend who has to bear the loss of her two sons. Everyday she lives a parent's worse nightmare, times two. I can't begin to imagine what she feels but as someone who has lost a dear one so recently, sending Love and Peace might be a good way to let her know we are thinking of her during this difficult time. 

Materials used:
Gina K. Pure Luxury Kraft card stock
Gina K. White Layering weight card stock for rectangles: 2 x 5-3/8 and 2-1/2 x 4-1/4
Lagoon card stock (my stash) for the mats:  2-1/8 x 5-1/2 and 2-5/8 x 4-3/8
Gina K. Winter Whimsy Pattern Paper: 4-1/4 x 2  Mat: 4-1/4 x 2-1/8
Gina K. Blue Lagoon ink pad
Gina K. stamp sets: Christmas Joy and Sending Love
Versamark Ink
Ranger Clear Embossing Powder
Pearls

For a chance to win a $20 gift certificate to Gina K. Designs online shop, come and join us; the hardest part will be to choose from all the beautiful cards Karen has in her gallery.  

Thank you for stopping by, until next post.

Hugs & Blessings









2 comments:

  1. SUPER fun challenge, hope I can play. I LOVE Karen's work. LOVE your work too, you have CASE'd her perfectly here. I really like your wintry take on her card. Just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful card design you made and wish I could join but I am so busy now I doubt it will happen. You picked a great card of Karen's though to CASE.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to read your comments. Thanks for taking the time to leave one.