Pages

Wednesday, October 5, 2016

Happy Birthday, Mom

Dear friends, today would have been my Mom's 81st birthday. She passed two weeks ago at home surrounded by her loving family. I like to think she's now in Heaven dancing with my brother Joe, and all her loved ones that passed before her; God is smiling because His daughter has come back to Him. Mom was a small woman, a woman of prayer and great faith. That's the legacy she leaves us, the reason why we can face losing her. She is survived by her husband, six children, 19 grandkids and 18 great-grandkids (I hope I didn't leave anyone out).  She faced life and her illness with a bring-it-on attitude. Always prepared for what may come, and in doing so, she prepared us. She's missed by so many and we know she will forever live on in our hearts.

To honor her I made a birthday card inspired by Karen Hightower's "Faux Torn Edge Technique". Even though I didn't have a chance to play along with her weekly challenge over at StampTV, it will count for their Yearly Challenge.




Materials used:
GKD Pure Luxury Innocent Pink card base
White Layering weight
Versamark inkpad 
Black Embossing Powder
GKD Innocent Pink ink 
Memento Bamboo Leaves
Versafine Onyx Black
Stamp sets: Flowers and leaves - Better with You
Happy Birthday greeting - Frames & Flowers 2

Thanks for stopping by, until next time. Hugs & Blessings.




2 comments:

  1. So sorry for your loss, Sylvia!!! We just lost my mom last December, so I know how you feel. I think what you said about being happy now is spot on, she is at peace, and you should be too! Such a pretty card. LOVE your take on the faux tear technique. I know your mom is smiling that you made that card for her!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card and great way of doing your torn edges design. That is one I have not tried either yet. Not enough time it seems. LOL

    ReplyDelete

I would love to read your comments. Thanks for taking the time to leave one.