Pages

Monday, July 18, 2016

Christmas in July

Hi friends. I'm hosting this week's challenge over at StampTV, come on by and join us.

It's been so hot and humid here, as I'm sure the same holds true where you are.  So I thought to cool off a bit, we could think Christmas or Winter and make cards with this theme.


My card is very simple and easy to make. I used Pure Luxury Heavy White for the card base and Jupiter Red (from my stash). This cardstock has a very pretty sheen and is embossed with a Holly embossing folder from Sizzix to add interest and texture. The focal image and sentiment are stamped on Pure Luxury White Layering Weight. The stamp sets I used are: Holiday Season (framed circle stamped with Black Memento ink), A Year of Flowers (Poinsettia stamped with Rich Cocoa Memento ink and colored with Spectrum Noir markers) and Merry Tree stamp duo (sentiment stamped with Gina K. Red Hot). You can get all these products in Gina K's online store.

I do hope you join us at StampTV and may you have a wonderfully creative (and cooler) week. Thanks for stopping by.

Hugs & Blessings,


2 comments:

  1. I just love this card, Sylvia. Saw it over at STV and it just made me smile. Your composition is perfect, and that embossed background gives so much texture. And the of course your coloring is just beautiful....great Christmas card, great challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is gorgeous. I am in a Christmas card making mood so if time permits I might try and get one done this week too.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to read your comments. Thanks for taking the time to leave one.