Pages

Monday, February 8, 2016

Hearts & Flowers

Hello friends! I hope everyone is well, keeping warm and creating many beautiful things.

Recently, Jennifer McGuire shared a video using the white pencil highlighting technique and knew I had to give it a try.  To see her video go here.

This is my card using stamps, cardstock and pattern paper from Gina K. Designs:


Following Jennifer's instructions, I stamped the flower using white pigment ink and colored in highlights with a white coloring pencil.  The photo doesn't do it justice, it looks really beautiful in person.  Here's a close-up:



The materials used (all Gina K. Designs)
Pure Luxury White Heavy Base 
Lipstick and Blue Lagoon cardstock
Made with Love pattern paper
Focal image - Stately Flowers 9 stamp set
Sentiment - Better with You stamp set 
GKD White Premium Pigment Ink pad
Memento Black Ink pad

I will be entering this card in this week's Mod Squad Challenge.  I hope you try this fun and easy technique.  Thanks for stopping by.

Hugs and Blessings.






3 comments:

  1. I will need to watch the video, as I have not seen this before. The flower is beautiful.and looks so light and airy. Good luck, and thanks for joining in the challenge at the Mod Squad this week.
    Barbara, Mod Squad Challenge host

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sylvia, this is just awesome!! First of all, I love your color choices, just beautiful together. And the patterned paper is perfect here. And then there's your gorgeous image, you really nailed that technique...well done!!! Beautiful card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so pretty! Lovely colors and great choice of pattern papers too!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to read your comments. Thanks for taking the time to leave one.