Pages

Friday, January 8, 2016

Have a Nice Day

Happy New Year everyone! I hope you all had a great holiday and I pray that 2016 be a wonderful year, full of fun, health, creativity and all the blessings our dear Lord chooses to bestow upon us.

I'm back after a short hiatus due to family illness and all the Christmas preparations and celebrations. With all that behind me, I look forward to posting and participating in challenges.

First off I want to share two projects I worked on for two of my sisters.  The first is a perpetual calendar with daily quotes from the Bible.  I don't have a cinch or any book binding tools, so I purchased a 3x5 index card pad and adhered the quotes I printed on various pattern papers.



The second was my first vinyl project. I purchased the cut file from the Silhouette Design store and a shadow box. I then covered the back wall with left over material my sister used to make me a set of covers for my sewing machine and Silhouette Cameo. I found some old sewing bobbins and measuring tape, pin cushion and thimble and added them to the shadow box. Both sisters loved their gift. 



I also want to share a card I made for two challenges. StampTV Mix-it-up-Monday calls for a "Just Because" card/project and for the Mod Squad Challenge the Ombre Technique.  Thanks to brand new toy the MISTI (my Christmas gift to me) it's so easy to stamp an image repeatedly.



Here are the ingredients:
GKD Pure Luxury Powder Blue for the card base
White mat layer measuring 4-3/4 x 4-1/16
Background stamped on Canson Mix Media paper with Spectrum Aqua Markers: Gold, Sunflower, Bud Green, Aquamarine, Teal and Peacock Blue
Background stamp: Melanie Muenchinger's Lots of Letters stamp set.
Focal image: Birthday Blessings colored with Spectrum Aqua Markers Begonia, Aquamarine and Bud Green

I hope you like it and thanks for stopping by.  Until next time.

Hugs and Blessings.


6 comments:

  1. Hello Sylvia! What a very cheery Ombre card. I love that you used several different colors to get this effect. Very nice. Thanks for joining us at the Mod Squad Challenge this week. Good luck and hope to see you here again. By the way, is this a new blog for you? Love the layout.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Barbara, thank you for your lovely comments. I've had this blog for about three years, just recently changed the background. 2015 was a difficult year for me and I posted very little. I'm hoping to post regularly in 2016.

      Delete
  2. Merry Christmas to you with your new toy. I love my MISTI - I know you are loving yours too. Your gifts for your two sisters are awesome. Looks like they were time consuming and I'm sure your sissies appreciate it. Your card is awesome too, love all the bright color. So happy to see you back blogging again. Hugs!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Judy for always taking the time to leave such encouraging comments. I'm happy to be posting again. Blessings!

      Delete
  3. A wonderful gift for the sisters, love the vinyl design and your card is fantastic too! So sorry you had some health issues to deal with but glad things are better now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Verna. Ever since I saw the vinyl design in the Silhouette store I knew I had to make it for my sister, she's a gifted quilter and knitter. And yes, although 2015 was trying at times, things are looking better. Cheers to the New Year.

      Delete

I would love to read your comments. Thanks for taking the time to leave one.