Pages

Tuesday, November 17, 2015

Lung Cancer Awareness

Hi friends. These days I'm sure we all know someone who is battling some form of cancer. I've had family and friends lose the battle, some still fighting and others are survivors. One thing we all have in common is our desire for a cure; in the meantime, we must spread awareness.  This week's Mod Squad Challenge is precisely that, specifically awareness for lung cancer.  They challenge us to make a card using Silver and or Pearl, I've used both on my card.


Since one of the sponsors this week is Melanie Muenchinger, I'm using two of her poinsettias, the large one from A Year of Flowers and the smaller from Holiday Basket.  These are stamped on White Pearl cardstock with Versamark and heat embossed with Gina K. Designs Fine Detail Silver embossing powder. I added a little dab of Spectrum Noir CT3 in the centers.  The oval die cut is made using two Spellbinders dies, Floral Ovals and Petite Ovals, cut from DCWV Silver Glitter Cardstock Matstack.

I'll be sending this card to a very special local news person who revealed she has lung cancer during a live newscast.  Her name is Keylla Hernández from Noticentro, she has asked for prayers and positive vibes to be sent her way while she goes through treatment. 

Hope you like my card and thank you for stopping by. 'Til next time, have a wonderfully creative week.

UPDATE: My card made Top 3. Woohoo!



3 comments:

  1. Love this card, the flowers and the center focal point. Looks great. Thanks for taking the challenge with us at the Mod Squad Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on our win over at Mod Squad. Your card is just lovely, and a perfect take on the challenge. Love your embossed poinsettias and that beautiful oval with the ribbon inside. Great design!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! It is indeed a beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to read your comments. Thanks for taking the time to leave one.