Pages

Tuesday, November 10, 2015

GIVE THANKS

Hi friends. How quickly time flies, it's been almost a month since my last post.  Well, if you read this tomorrow then it's exactly one month.

November is quite special to me, it's my anniversary month, my birthday, Veterans Day  and Thanksgiving.  Sunday, November 8th, my husband and I celebrated our 40th wedding anniversary. Tomorrow, November 11th  is not only Veterans Day, but it's also my birthday (no need to say the age, suffice it to say I married when I was 18 -you do the math, LOL!).

I have many reasons to give thanks, but I especially want to give thanks to all the veterans in my family and there are many -you all know who you are- Thanks for all the sacrifices you've made and the many more to come, God bless you all.

Today I'm sharing a Thank You card, my first cascading card.  There are many tutorials to make this card, I found this YouTube tutorial very easy to follow.  I'm entering my card in this week's Mod Squad Challenge.



Materials used:
Ivory cardstock measuring 6 x 8
The Simple Things Pure Luxury Paper by Gina K. Designs
Frame & Sentiment from Flowers & Frames StampTV kit
Vintage Photo Distress Ink
Memento Black and Rich Cocoa
Coloring pencils

Hope you like my card and thanks for stopping by.

Hugs and Blessings


3 comments:

  1. Lovely cascading card Sylvia! Made for all of the Veterans out there who have give of their lives for us. Happy anniversary too, what a busy fabulous month for you.
    Thanks for playing at the Mod Squad challenge this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful card. Have never made one like this, I will have to watch the video. Congrats on all the wonderful events for you this month. And today is your birthday, hope you have a happy one. Lovely paper choices on this card, I love everything about it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fabulous cascading card design. You did very well indeed for a first try as it looks like you have had lots and lots of practice. Beautiful colors. And, congrats on all the good events for you this month too!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to read your comments. Thanks for taking the time to leave one.