Pages

Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Pattern Paper Bliss

Happy Tuesday my friends! Summer is in full swing and I hope everyone is having a great time and wonderful weather. We are having some very hot, dry and hazy days because of the Saharan dust that keeps the much needed rain away.  A drought has been declared so water rationing has been put into effect. You would think that because we are surrounded by water we wouldn't have this problem. Go figure.  A scientist might be able to explain it, I'm not, so I can't. What I can do is stick to what I know and that's card making.

Today's card is for this week's Mod Squad Challenge. We are to use pattern paper any way we wish. The pattern paper I used are from two collections by Gina K. Designs: Delicate Essentials and Garden Tour. The focal image is from the Flowers & Frames StampTV kit and the sentiment and butterfly are from the Birthday Essentials kit.


I don't know about you but I have a hard time cutting into my pattern paper, which is ridiculous because you buy it to use it not to hoard it, LOL! So this challenge is perfect to get those papers out. All papers and cardstock are from Gina K. Designs. The card base is Fresh Asparagus and the mat layer is Prickly Pear. I stamped the image on watercolor paper and heat embossed it using white embossing powder, then I colored the rose and the background with Spectrum Aqua markers. I'm still learning to use them but I love them.  The butterfly is stamped on pattern paper and also heat embossed. 

Well that's it for today. Thank you for stopping by, have a wonderfully creative week.

Hugs and blessings.


6 comments:

  1. Love those papers and my favorite butterfly. Did you know Pinterest said you were my Pinterest win, LOL. Thank you so much for participating this week at the Mod Squad Challenge

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joyce for this fun challenge. I look forward to participating more often as now I have the time to do so. As for us being your Pinterest twin I think that's great, I even used your favorite butterfly, the proof is in the pudding as they say! LOL

      Delete
  2. LOVE how you treated that rose stamp. I'm going to try it, it's gorgeous. Love your patterned papers too, and the butterfly is perfect as a final touch. Your card is just beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Judy, you always give me such great feedback, I appreciate it very much.

      Delete
  3. Gorgeous card. I love all the panels of beautiful pattern papers you used on it. And, love the rose and butterfly too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Verna. It was really fun putting this card together and finally using the pattern papers.

      Delete

I would love to read your comments. Thanks for taking the time to leave one.