Pages

Sunday, January 18, 2015

Purple & Teal

Happy Sunday everyone.  It's been a while since my last post, the holidays kept me busy and life kept getting in the way.  Things are settling now so I'll be back on track.

For today's card, I'm using the color combination from the Mod Squad Challenge where we are to use Purple and Teal.  For a bonus entry we should use any stamp set illustrated by Melanie Muenchinger for Gina K. Designs. Here I used her Fabulous Frame and Fabulous Frame Fillers.



I used Gina K's Wild Orchid (Purple) and Blue Raspberry (Teal) card stock. The flower is colored using Spectrum Noir markers BT2, BT4, BT5, BT9 CG1, CG2 and DG4. The dotted lines and corner flowers were first stamped with Gina K's White Pigment Ink and then I went over it with a White Sakura Pen.

I really like how it turned out, hope you like it too. Thanks so much for stopping by, and until my next post, have a wonderfully creative week.

Hugs and Blessings.






8 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card!!! I love Melanie's stamp set, so versatile!!! You have really rocked the challenge with all your beautiful teals and purples. The flower is perfectly colored, and I love that you used that beautiful oval die, right where it belongs. Well done, my dear!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Judy for your sweet comments. I think no one can go wrong with this color combination.

      Delete
  2. What a super stunning card. And, I love that gorgeous bloom the way you colored it. Against the purple background it really pops! And the die is perfect too! What a wonderful card design you created!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Verna! Half the battle is the color combo, which they gave, and the other half is the design and this Fabulous Frame and Fillers help to design great cards. Melanie is so gifted.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thanks Kathy, for your sweet comments. I'm still learning how to color and I truly enjoy it.

      Delete
  4. WOW, I love this. The flower iis stunning, the white sets everything off nicely. Thanks for joining in at The Mod Squad Challenge Blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Joyce. This was a fun challenge, the color combination was great, gave me a chance to use that lovely Wild Orchid cardstock.

      Delete

I would love to read your comments. Thanks for taking the time to leave one.