Pages

Monday, November 10, 2014

Christmas Tag

Hello friends. Tomorrow is November 11 a very special day. Not only is it Veteran's Day but it's also my birthday. As a child I thought it was a holiday because it was my birthday until I realized that schools were out because it was a holiday. Later on I felt special for being born on a day that honors "America's veterans for their patriotism, love of country, and willingness to serve and sacrifice for the common good" .  Many members of my family have served or are still serving in the Armed Forces, to them and many like them I wish them a happy Veteran's Day and may God bless you all for your service.

Today I'm sharing a tag that I made for the Mod Squad Challenge. The very talented Donna Phelan is hosting this week and she has challenged us to use a doily in our card or project. I used the JustRite Festive Poinsettia stamp set for it's beautiful detail. This stamp set coordinates perfectly with Spellbinders Layered Poinsettia.




Materials used:

Ivory cardstock 
Vintage Photo Distress Ink
Doily
Vellum 
Seafoam White embossing powder
Diamond Stickles 
JustRite Festive Poinsettia clear stamp set
Spellbinders Layered Poinsettia
Ruby Red Liquid Pearls
Gina K. Designs Christmas Pine dye ink
Gina K. Designs Red Hot dye ink
Ivory Ribbon

The tag could be used as a gift tag or as a decoration for the Christmas tree. I think this one will end up on my tree.  Hope you like it and thanks for stopping by.

Hugs and blessings.



10 comments:

  1. I also vote for it ending up on your tree, it is GORGEOUS! I love tags, by themselves like yours or on a card. Love the Vellum Poinsettia nestled on your doily, it has so much texture and dimension really POPS right off your tag and is certainly the star! The delicate spring and berry stamp makes for a great background too! This is elegant AND delightful! Thank you so much for joining in the Mod Squad Challenge I am Hosting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Donna, thanks for your wonderful feedback, it helps me grow in my craft. I'm thrilled you chose it as this week's winner (did the happy dance and all). Again, thanks, great birthday surprise.

      Delete
  2. You got my vote!!!! To the tree it is!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks sweetie, it will definitely go on my tree. Did you see it was the winner this week? Woohoo!

      Delete
    2. Thanks sweetie, it will definitely go on the tree. Did you see that it was chosen as the winner for this week's challenge. Woohoo!

      Delete
  3. Oh, your tree, for sure!!!! I love all the white on white, and then just a pop of red and green with the holly. This is absolutely GORGEOUS!!! That stamp makes the petals of the poinsettia just pop.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Judy, thanks for your feedback I truly appreciate it, and yes the tag will be gracing my tree.

      Delete
  4. Wow! That is a magnificently designed Christmas tag. Such a beautiful poinsettia you created and love the holly too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Verna for your kind words, I appreciate them. Heat embossing on vellum makes everything beautiful.

      Delete
  5. Gorgeous tag, quite an elegant poinsettia!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to read your comments. Thanks for taking the time to leave one.