Pages

Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Family Tree in a Box

Happy Tuesday all!

I'd like to share with you an explosion box I made for my Mom & Dad's 61st wedding anniversary, although I wasn't able to give it to them until yesterday, my Mom's 79th birthday.  It's a Family Tree in a Box, so to speak. The box is seven sided, representing their seven children and their families. Mom & Dad have 7 children, 19 grandchildren and 14 great grandchildren (two more are on the way).

On the Internet you can find many explosion boxes, but I could not find a seven sided one, so I had to design it. It gave me some trouble, but I figured it out and it was so worth it. The paper I used is Graphic 45's Botanical Tea. At first I didn't want to cut it up because the paper is so beautiful, I slowly got over it, but now I want to keep every little piece I cut out.  The roses are also made using this paper and a cut file.


I had to add a small piece of paper to each side and thread a ribbon through it in order to close the box easily.



I forgot to take a picture of the inside of the lid, but I lined it with the Birds of a Feather paper. It's the first time I use Graphic 45 paper pad and I have to say I'm officially in love and hooked. Each paper in the pad is titled making it easy to refer to it.


My Mom & Dad's picture sits in the middle surrounded by each child. There are three tiers for each with pockets for pictures of their children. Each picture has the name, birth date and wedding date of each child, grand child and great grand child. They totally loved it as did everyone else. Watching their faces light up every time they discovered a new photo was priceless. They had their whole family at their finger tips and they were so grateful. 

This is truly a labor of love and one that I enjoyed thoroughly.  I thank God for our family and every day I ask Him to continue blessing us and to keep us united.  

Thanks for stopping by, until next time. 

Hugs and blessings.







5 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, Sylvia!! This is such a work of art, and such an amazing heirloom. I am blown away by your creativity. And to think you had to design it yourself. Gorgeous papers, well done!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Judy. I truly was a labor of love. My Mom & Dad were so happy, there no greater feeling than making one's parents happy, no matter how hold you are.

      Delete
  2. What an awesome project you undertook, but I am sure all the time and effort will be so appreciated by the recipients. It is wonderful and it surely will be treasured forever.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Verna, it was all worth it. My Mom went out the next day and bought a clear box to put it in to protect it. My Dad was speechless.

      Delete
  3. Beautiful!!! My Mom is soooo creative!! God Bless her creative "musa" and hands!!!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to read your comments. Thanks for taking the time to leave one.