Pages

Monday, September 8, 2014

Vellum & Acetate

Hello my friends and Happy Monday.

Today I want to share with you a card that I'll be entering in this week's Mod Squad Challenge. Karen Hightower is the host and she's challenged us to make a holiday card, any holiday, but we must use Vellum and Acetate or clear plastic sheets for crafting. I've worked with vellum but not much with acetate. I saw various videos on YouTube on heat embossing on acetate and I decided to try this technique. The only clear plastic I had on hand was the kind used as report covers, but it didn't take kindly to the heat. I then remembered I had a sample pack of HP paper and in the pack were two transparency films. Yay, success! I love how the heat embossed snowman came out.


I used Vellum to make the poinsettia and heat embossed it. I lined the inside with a pale blue card stock. The background image is first stamped with Memento Black then with Versamark, just slightly to the right to give it a shadow effect. The trees and the snowflakes are also heat embossed with Seafoam White Embossing Powder; I added sparkle to the snowflakes with an Atyou Spica pen. Here's a closeup.


The products I used for this card are:
Ivory linen cardstock for the card base
JustRite Stampers Festive Poinsettia with matching Spellbinders dies
Spellbinders Floral Ovals
Ranger Seafoam White Embossing Powder 
Memento Black inkpad
Versamark inkpad
Snowman from Merry Little Christmas by Gina K. Designs
Background trees from Life is Good by Gina K. Designs
Snowflakes from The Giving Tree by Gina K. Designs

Hope you like my card. Thanks for stopping by, until my next post, have a wonderfully creative week.





4 comments:

  1. This is beautiful Sylvia. I love the way you used the velum with the poinsettia, and your snow scene is Wonderful. :) Thanks for playing along this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card. Love that poinsetta stamp

    ReplyDelete
  3. Luv it!!! 1,000,000 LIKES. Makes me wish it was christmas time already!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My sweet lady! This is awesome. I love your design and it is so beautiful with that gorgeous poinsettia you added to the mix.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to read your comments. Thanks for taking the time to leave one.