Pages

Monday, September 1, 2014

Harvest of Blessings

Happy Monday friends, and for all of you who celebrate Labor Day, I hope you've had a great one. When we lived stateside this weekend would be the last camping trip we'd make. My husband's uncle had a plot of land upstate New York, our camping trips started on Memorial Day weekend and ended on Labor Day weekend.  We always stopped on our way back to the city at a farm to buy the fruits or vegetables of the season. We have a lot of fond memories of these trips; as a matter of fact, this same uncle just celebrated his 80th birthday on a cruise with his family. May he be blessed with more birthdays.

Which brings me to this week's blessing.  The Mod Squad Challenge for this week is to make a card with a fruit or harvest theme. Lee is the host this week and she is giving away a special prize, which of course, I want --and who doesn't? It's the new Gina K Designs Stamptv Kit that was released last Thursday. I have my fingers crossed, so wish me luck.

For my card I used the Harvest Fall Autumn Frame Antique Illustration digital stamp from British Isles Artworks. I colored it with pencils and sponged it with Vintage Photo Distress Ink. I distressed the edges, added a faux bow and layered that on some Gina K Black Onyx Pure Luxury cardstock. This layer is adhered to an ivory card base and jute ribbon with pop dots. The sentiment is from Gina K's Beyond Baskets stamp set.


This is it for today until my next post, have a wonderfully creative week. Hugs and Blessings.















2 comments:

  1. Beautiful coloring on that perfect Autumn image! And love that burlap! Thanks for playing along with us at Mod Squad!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Autumn card design. I really like the way you used the burlap for extra texture too. I need to get me some so I can use it in card making too.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to read your comments. Thanks for taking the time to leave one.