Pages

Sunday, August 17, 2014

Masculine Birthday

Happy Sunday everyone! How quickly the weekend goes by when you're having fun! I managed to make some cards and enjoy my baby twin sisters' 50th birthday. While one sister is nearby the other one is now living in California. Twins have such a special and wonderful connection. I know they wished to be together to celebrate this milestone, yet there's no doubt they were together in heart and spirit. And thanks to technology, we were able to Skype at least to make a toast and wish them both many more happy birthdays.

This week's Mod Squad Challenge calls for masculine cards. This is a good challenge, since for me it's so much easier to make a girlie card. For this card I used the emboss resist technique. I first stamped the clock-face image (I don't know the name of the stamp set or the company) onto white cardstock with Versamark ink, applied clear embossing powder and heat embossed. I then sponged with three Tim Holtz Distress Inks: Peeled Paint, Stormy Sky and Frayed Burlap.  I did the same with the sentiment. I wiped the image with a paper towel to remove any excess ink and reveal the white cardstock. I mounted this layer unto another white cardstock added baker's twine and a button. I adhered this layer to Gina K's Fresh Asparagus card base.


This was a fun card to make, I like this technique because you get a slightly different look every time. Hope you like this card. Thanks for stopping by.













No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to read your comments. Thanks for taking the time to leave one.