Pages

Saturday, August 2, 2014

Happy Birthday Blues

Happy Saturday my friends.  Today we are waiting for Tropical Storm Bertha to pass by and grace us with some much needed rain. We hope and pray that the rain from this storm will be enough to alleviate the water shortage we are experiencing and the impending water rationing plan. Unbelievable, we're surrounded by water, but there's a water shortage. Hence, our wishes that Bertha will make it rain, rain, rain.

Today's card will be entered in the "I've Got the Blues" challenge over at Mod Squad Challenge Blog. It's really a color challenge where we are to use the colors Blue, Brown and a neutral color.  The card base is Gina K's Heavy Base Weight White cardstock. The brown layer is Tan Leather, a textured cardstock that has been (sadly) retired. I love this cardstock because it looks like leather, especially when you use a distressing ink, here I used Vintage Photo.  I stamped Melanie Muenchinger's Fabulous Frame on Powder Blue cardstock (also from Gina K) and heat embossed using white embossing powder. I cut out the section that looks like a belly band and adhered it to the Tan Leather, this way you can appreciate the leather-like texture.

The image I believe is from a Cardmaker's Kit of the Month (Nature's Beauty), that I stamped, fussy cut and adhered with pop dots. The sentiment is from Gina K's Birthday Duo set, also heat embossed. I really like this blue and brown combination. Hope you do too.


Here's a close-up to better appreciate the texture.



I didn't forget that I had a blog-aversary in July and that I wanted to do something special. Life keeps getting in the way and I haven't been able to organize it. But I will, and will let you all know when I do. Have a wonderfully creative day!

Hugs and blessings to all.




1 comment:

  1. Very pretty Sylvia! I love the cut out framing! Thanks for playing along!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to read your comments. Thanks for taking the time to leave one.