Pages

Monday, August 25, 2014

Coastal Blessings

Happy Monday everyone!  Hope this week had a good beginning. I had a pretty good day, considering that Monday is not exactly my favorite day of the week. After a lot of rain this weekend, today was a gorgeous sunny breezy day. Good way to start the week. As I was putting the finishing touches to my card, I still hadn't decided what sentiment to use. Out of nowhere, (God breeze?) I remembered I had the perfect stamp. All day today I felt blessed, you know the feeling you get when your in tuned and you feel like someone whispered the greatest secret for happiness. That's the sentiment!

For this week's Mod Squad Challenge, we were to make a card with a coastal feel. You can read all about the challenge here, and while you're there look at all the wonderfully creative cards they have entered. I looked through my stash and saw that I don't have any beach themed stamps, except for some very small shell and starfish stamps from the Basket Additions 2 stamp set designed by Melanie Muenchinger for Gina K. Designs. I stamped out various images using GKD Kraft ink, colored with Copics EOO, cut them out and glued them to the Floral Wreath. I also stamped the Floral Wreath with Kraft to give it a light and airy feel. I then used BG32 and BG34 for the flowers and YG61 for the leaves.


The sentiment is stamped with Memento Rich Cocoa. I used Gina K's Kraft cardstock for the card base. The pattern paper is from my stash which I scored to give it texture and it looks like old planks of wood. The picture doesn't pick it up, but it looks really nice.

This is all I have for today, until next post, have a wonderfully creative week. Thanks for stopping by.

Hugs and blessings.








2 comments:

  1. What a great take on the challenge. Love the shell wreath - egads, all that fussy cutting. Love your colors too - super cute card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card. Love the wreath you created too.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to read your comments. Thanks for taking the time to leave one.