Pages

Monday, July 7, 2014

Mod Squad Blogspot Marvelous Minis Challenge

Happy Monday everyone! I hope everyone who celebrated the 4th of July had a wonderful and safe time. Now we can say Summer has officially started!

Today I have two mini cards that will be entered in this week's Mod Squad Challenge. For both I used the new Gina K. Designs set by Melanie Muenchinger Fabulous Frame. This set sold out in record breaking time, I was lucky to get mine so fast. Actually, thanks to my Mom who bought me a Gina K. Designs gift certificate for Mother's Day. Take my word for it, it's such a beautiful and versatile set you will want it too.

My first card is a thank you card. It measures 3"x 3". The card base is ivory (from my stash), layered with GKD Blue Raspberry cardstock. The floral image is stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black on Georgia Pacific 110 lb white cardstock. I used the following Copics to color the flower: YG61, YG63, Y21 and W3. For the butterfly I used B34 and Y21. The sentiment is from GKD All Occasion Tags.  I can't thank Melanie enough for her wonderful tutorials on coloring this flower. You can see them on her blog or her YouTube channel.


For the second mini card, I used the same ivory card base but layered with Gina K. Designs Limited Edition Wild Orchid card stock. It's such a luscious color! I heat embossed the image and used Judikins Violet Sparkle Embossing Powder. The embossing powder goes so well with the Wild Orchid card stock, and it leaves a beautiful sparkle. I hope you can appreciate it in the photo, I had to lay the card down to take the picture.  I colored the butterfly the same as in the first card but I added sparkle with the Sakura Stardust pen. The sentiment is also from the Fabulous Frame stamp set.


This is all I have for today. Please leave me a comment I appreciate it and learn from them. Thanks so much for stopping by. Until next post, hugs and blessings!










1 comment:

  1. Beautiful mini cards, Sylvia! Good luck with the challenge!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to read your comments. Thanks for taking the time to leave one.