Pages

Sunday, July 20, 2014

Fruits with a Twist

Happy Sunday my friends! We are having another hot summer day, we can use some rain to avoid a possible water ration, but it seems there's no relief any time soon. I'm looking out my window, a neighbor is having a child's birthday party, there's an inflatable bouncer in his front lawn (it's probably stinking hot in there) but the kids are jumping, screaming and laughing. Love to hear that happy sound.

Ok, let's get back to writing this post. For this week's Mod Squad Challenge Karen has named it "Fruit, with a Twist".  Oh my, I just had an image of a Strawberry Daiquiri, hmm, be right back. Just kidding, back to the challenge. For the challenge we are to use the colors Kraft, Black and White along with the fruit. I have this very pretty Berries and Vines pattern paper from Gina K I will use. I don't have any fruit stamps (I must remedy that) so I turned to the Internet for a digital stamp. Found one (free) at www.craftville.com. I colored the image with Spectrum Noir markers (DR3, DR1, LG4, LG3, DG2, DG3 and GB4). I fussy cut the image and adhered it to Gina K's Pure Luxury Kraft cardstock die cut with Spellbinders Fleur di Lis. I then adhered it to the Berries and Vines paper layered on Black Onyx cardstock. The sentiment is from the Happy Birthday duo, stamped on Kraft cardstock die cut with Spellbinders Fancy Tags. I added two white brads and a black and white gingham ribbon to the Kraft card base.  Here's the card:



Hope you like it. Until next time, have a wonderfully creative week.
Hugs and blessings.




2 comments:

  1. Great take on the challenge my dear. I love everything about this card. Especially that die cut on the kraft. Kraft and red are so beautiful together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your card. And, that is a great digital image too. Your design and coloring work so well together.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to read your comments. Thanks for taking the time to leave one.