Pages

Sunday, July 13, 2014

Colorful Sunday

Happy Sunday everyone! Today has been a most beautiful day, sunny, hot and breezy. A perfect lazy kinda day to go to the beach, or a stay in your craft room and get some crafting done kinda day. I chose the latter.

I have two cards for you today. My first card I made for this week's color challenge over at StampTV. We had to choose at least three colors that Cat gave us to play with.  Photo is found on this site Design Seeds).



I sort of chose the first four colors. 
All card stock are Gina K. Designs Pure Luxury: Ocean Mist,  Blue Raspberry and Red Hot. 
I first stamped the frame from the Fabulous Frame stamp set on Ocean Mist card stock. I used a Darice embossing folder and some Memento Paris Dusk on the Blue Raspberry to add another color. The flower image (Especially For You stamp duo) is stamped directly onto the Ocean Mist card stock with Gina K's Red Hot ink. I added Ruby Red liquid pearls to the center of the flower. The sentiment (Arranged with Love stamp set) is stamped also with Red Hot on the Ocean Mist then die cut with Spellbinder's Grommet Tags. The pearls were white pearls colored with Spectrum Noir CR8 (almost a perfect match to the liquid pearls). To add a little dimension (and more texture) I glued red yarn to the card front. This card is also entered in this week's Mod Squad Challenge. 



My next card will be entered in this week's "Love that Texture" challenge over at Mod Squad Challenge Blogspot. For this card I used the "belly band" I cut out from the first card. I used the same flower, stamped on white card stock with Gina K's Red Hot ink. I colored it with Spectrum Noir GB1 and GB3, added sheen with the a clear Spica pen, and did some fussy cutting. I adhered it to the oval with a 1/2" pop dot. You can't appreciate it on the photo, but I also used the clear Spica pen to color the rim of the oval.  

For the white layer, I wanted to play around with some do-it-yourself embossing paste recipes I found on YouTube (just to experiment with the mixed media trend) and a Prima stencil. I like the texture it adds but I think I have to tweak the recipe a bit or keep experimenting.  The sentiment is from Gina K's Celebrate the Season stamp set stamped on vellum using a technique Gina showed on StampTV. You use ink up your stamp first with Versamark ink and then a color ink pad, add clear embossing powder then heat emboss. This gives the sentiment a nice shine and texture; it also opens up all kinds of possibilities with the ink pads you have on hand. To offset this first layer and because I didn't have the right color card stock, I used GB3 to color the rim of a piece of white cardstock and adhered this layer to it, added blue twine and adhered the whole thing to the Blue Raspberry card base. The butterfly is from Melanie Muenchinger's new Fabulous Frame stamp set. I just love this set!!



I hope you like my cards and maybe find some inspiration. Leave me a comment if you so desire, I love reading them and learning from them. Please become a follower, I have a "blogaversary" coming up this month and I'm planning something to Celebrate, so stay tuned.

Hope you have a wonderfully creative week. Hugs and blessings!




2 comments:

  1. Your cards are so beautiful. Love the colors you picked for yours too. I won't have time to play for awhile I am thinking. Still playing catch up after being for five days. Garden won't stop producing while I take time off. LOL So I am in the veggie freezing mode today at least and maybe tomorrow. But keep inspiring me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another pretty one! Love the colors and the texture! Thanks for joining us this week at the Mod Squad Challenge!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to read your comments. Thanks for taking the time to leave one.