Pages

Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Yellow Roses

Hello everyone!

I love yellow roses! They make me so happy. Don't get me wrong, I think all roses are beautiful, but my eyes go to the yellow ones. For this reason my darling husband gifts me with yellow roses, no fancy arrangement, because I like to arrange them in a pretty vase. As I was coloring the roses, I asked myself why is yellow my favorite? Then I remembered a movie I saw very long ago for the first time (at a very impressionable age), and recently for the nth time: Funny Girl!  I'm a big fan of Barbra Streisand and in Funny Girl she receives yellow roses from the dreamy Nick Arnstein, played by [big sigh] Omar Sharif.  So now (I think) I know why I love yellow roses.

Why bring all this up? Because today as I was coloring my yellow roses I was thinking about this, and it made me smile. I'm entering this card in the Gina K DT Guest - June Challenge 2. The challenge is to use the masking technique. You can see Gina's video here with instructions on masking. I don't have a vase stamp so I used the basket instead to arrange the roses. I wish I had thought of taking pictures as I went through the process, but didn't think of it.

I first made masks of the flowers and the basket. I stamped the rose at the bottom of the basket first, covered it with a mask then stamped the basket. I applied the mask to the basket so I could stamp the roses to make it look like they're inside the basket. Here's a closeup.


My cards are usually the A2 size, but for this card I made a 6x6. The beautiful frame is a cut file by Monica Bjork, she does gorgeous cut files. I distressed the edges with Forest Moss distress ink and added pearls.
The rose is from the Stately Flowers 6, the basket from Holiday Basket, and the sentiment All Occasion Tags, all from Gina K. Designs

Copics used:
Basket - E13, E15, E31, E37
Roses - Y11, Y13, Y15, R83, R85



I think I'm going to keep this card and put it on my desk. I've been feeling a little low lately and needed a pick me up, this card had that effect on me.  Even the sentiment is appropriate, With Love, from me to me.

Hope you like it, have a great evening. 

'Til next post, hugs and blessings.

6 comments:

  1. I love it when you make a card with that rose stamp. Every single one has been a stunner, you are so good at coloring them. Sorry you are feeling low - hope the card on your desk can lift your spirits, you deserve it! I'll tell you a little secret, I think I see a winner here - this card is just gorgeous!! Good luck my friend, I hope you win! You would be a great GD!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Judy for your beautiful comments and for the word of encouragement. You're a dear one and a fabulous GD. Hugz.

      Delete
  2. Oh, my! I adore your yellow roses and they look so nice on that big die background. And all those pearls you added really add so much to your beautiful design.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Verna for liking my roses. They do make me happy. I found the background cut file and know I had to use it for this card, and of course, the pearls!

      Delete
  3. So glad I found your blog! Love this card! Those roses are stunning...I prefer yellow roses to red, too! Good luck!!! I'm off to become your newest follower - hope you will follow my blog as well. I love new friends!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Patti for your comment and for becoming a follower; and yes count me in, I'm your newest follower. I just took a look at your cute "selfie" card, it's simply adorable.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to read your comments. Thanks for taking the time to leave one.