Pages

Friday, May 23, 2014

Watercolor Rose

Happy Friday my friends.

It seems everyone is playing around with watercolors, so I gave it a try. Wow! I loved it! It's so relaxing. I haven't tried drawing something of my own and coloring it, but stamping an image and coloring that I can do. I'd like to give a shout out to Lindsay,The Frugalcrafter for all her great tutorials. Here's a link to her YouTube channel in case you're interested in seeing her fun tutorials.

Today's card will be entered in Gina K's Guest DT Challenge. The challenge is to make a matching lined envelope with your card. I already entered Father's Day card, you can see it here; so I thought I'd make a nice summery card.

The materials I used are:
Gina K. Pure Luxury Heavy Base Weight White for the card
Gina K. Red Hot cardstock
Gina K. Petals & Wings Pattern Paper
Stamped image is from Gina K's Stately Flowers 6
Sentiment from Gina K's Autumn Leaves
90# Watercolor Paper
Artist's Loft Watercolor Pencils
Spellbinders Fleur di Lis die



I hope you give watercolors a try! Thanks for stopping by.



4 comments:

  1. This is just beautiful Sylvia. You did a great job on the watercoloring. Isn't it fun? I love it too - lots of possibilities. Your card is gorgeous, love the gingham, and how you tilted that beautiful die cut. Very well done!! Oh, and good luck with the Guest Designer gig. Hope you win!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Judy for your wonderful feedback, it motivates me to take chances and do things a little different. You are an inspiration and did a great job as a Guest Designer. Here's hoping I have what it takes and enjoy the experience for myself. Hugs and blessings.

      Delete
  2. I love your beautiful card and matching envelope. I need to get with the watercoloring too as I just love how it looks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Verna. Check out the link I posted on the frugalcrafter. She does amazing work and makes it look like anyone can do it. I took her advice and purchased some student grade pencils and a small set of brushes just to see if this is something I want to get into. I know that at some point (soon) I'll want to get the good stuff, LOL.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to read your comments. Thanks for taking the time to leave one.