Pages

Sunday, May 18, 2014

Mod Squad Challenge Triple the Fun

Hello again,

I did say I had some catching up to do. For my last post today I have two cards, both for the Mod Squad Challenge Blog. My friend Judy Woodland is hosting this week's challenge which she has aptly named "Triple the Fun". It was so much fun, I made two cards.

For the first card I used Gina K's Kraft cardstock for the card base and for two matting layers. I first used Tim Holtz distress inks (Wild Honey, Spun Sugar, Tumbled Glass) on white layering weight cardstock, then stamped the flourishes with Memento Tuxedo Black. I colored in some of the flowers with coloring pencils. The sentiment is from Gina K's Wild at Heart stamp set.


For my second card I used Gina K's Honey Mustard cardstock for the card base, two matting layers and the label.Again I used distress inks (Victorian Velvet, Tumbled Glass, Scattered Straw and Peeled Paint) on white cardstock and stamped the flourishes using Gina K's Kraft ink pad. I outlined some flowers using a Sakura White Gelly Roll pen. The sentiment is from Latina Crafter stamped and embossed with white embossing powder. 


That's it for today. Hope you have a wonderfully creative week. Hugs and Blessings to all.



2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, Sylvia. I really love both your cards. You have done this technique perfectly. One of the things I like most about both is that you have used the distress inks to sponge the colors. They are beautiful. I also like the way you have stamped and then colored your images. And the white Sakura pen on the second one really makes the flowers pop! Very nice designs on both. Well done!!



    ReplyDelete
  2. Both cards using this technique are wonderful! I think this was so fun to do this technique. Wish I had time to do more of it.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to read your comments. Thanks for taking the time to leave one.