Pages

Sunday, May 18, 2014

A Wedding and a Vacation

Happy Sunday my friends!

I'm back after a ten day vacation in Florida. My husband and I joined my parents and siblings in Tampa to attend my niece's wedding (I have 13 nieces and 4 nephews).  This is the niece I made the wedding invitations for (I'm sharing that in a moment) and I really wanted to be part of the celebration. Happily we managed the trip and we're so glad we did, we had a great time along with some really good weather. My family doesn't need a special reason to get together and celebrate, but when we can, we do and proceed to heartily enjoy the occasion. Some days later, we went to Orlando to spend time with my husband's family, another wonderful group of people and a totally enjoyable time. I thank God every day for my loving family and that we still have our parents with us to enjoy.

As I promised in an earlier post here are some pictures of the invitation. It's inspired by an invitation my niece saw by BellaPapel on Pinterest. We did some tweaking and customizing her colors.


I made the shallow box to fit the invitation since it was a bit bulky for an envelope. 


This was my first experience in making wedding invitations. I bought all the cardstock and papers online from Paper and More. Their prices, quality and service proved them to be an excellent choice. I truly enjoyed this experience and learned that I have the patience and the skills to ensemble this type of invitation and would do so again in a heartbeat.

Naturally, I made a card to congratulate the newlyweds. The stamp set is the Mr. & Mrs. Diva from Gina K. Designs. Stamped on Gina K's Pure Luxury White, colored with Copic Markers and added some shimmer to the wedding dress with the Sakura Stardust pen. It's framed with the Ornate Square Background Frame (Silhouette #45188) cut from Gina K's Black Onyx cardstock. The red ribbon gives it just the right pop of color. This card is entered in this week's challenge over at StampTV.


I have some more catching up to do, so this is all for now. Thanks so much for stopping by. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to read your comments. Thanks for taking the time to leave one.