Pages

Sunday, April 6, 2014

Celebrations

Happy Sunday my friends. As I sit here trying to write, I'm listening to some sweet music and looking out my window at a beautiful sunny afternoon. The weekend is almost over and tomorrow is back to work, so before I squeeze in some more crafting time I want to share with you these two cards. The first card is for the "Celebrate Spring" Mix It Up Monday challenge over at StampTV. The little girl in me wanted to play at card making, and this is the card she (we -wink, wink) came up with. It's fun and childish and definitely Spring. If the ice cream truck comes by I'll buy my inner child a cone, LOL!


The products I used:
GKD Pure Luxury White Heavy Base Weight for the card base
GKD Jelly Bean Green Pure Luxury card stock
Summer Sky Memento Dew Drop
Peeled Paint Distress Ink
MTC cut file for the picket fence and clouds
Flowers and butterfly Celebrate the Season stamp set from Gina K.
Spectrum Noir markers


The following card is for the DIY designer paper challenge over at Mod Squad Challenge Blog. My DIY designer paper is made using three different washi tapes. I bought these Scotch brand washi tapes in Office Depot when they had a sale, and still hadn't used them. I had an "AHA" moment when I saw they matched and thought they'd make an interesting pattern. Without measuring I placed the tapes at a diagonal and voilà my card was done. I'm sending this card to my brother who turns 60 this week. 


The products I used for this card:
GKD Pure Luxury Fresh Asparagus card stock for the card base
GKD Heavy Base weight white
Washi tapes
Happy Birthday stamp duo from Gina K
Spellbinders Grommet Tags

Well, this is all for today. Have a great week and thanks for stopping by.




1 comment:

  1. Love both your cards Sylvia. So spring-like. I think your inner child did well.... lol. Would you believe I don't have a single inch of washi tape? Don't know why, I really like it. And I love the colors on yours!! Will have to look for some at Office Depot, didn't know they carried it. Good job on both cards, well done!!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to read your comments. Thanks for taking the time to leave one.