Pages

Friday, March 7, 2014

Another Gina K Guest DT Challenge

TGIF everyone!  I'm sure everyone is ready for some weekend crafting!

Today I have two cards to show you. I am entering both in Gina K's April Guest DT challenge. This first challenge is to make a card with a Spring theme using any technique from among Gina's videos on Stamp TV.  It wasn't easy choosing a technique since there are so many wonderful videos to choose from. So  I decided to make two cards using two different techniques.  For my first card I chose to work the Retiform Technique, better explained and demonstrated on Gina's video here.

Here's my card:

This technique was more fun than I thought it would be. I can't wait to try other color combinations. 

The materials used:
1. Gina K Pure Luxury Heavy Base Weight White for the card base.
2. Jelly Bean Green card stock
3. Ivory card stock (from my stash) for the retiform layer
4. Stamps: Stately Flowers 6 & 7, Autumn Leaves, Celebrate the Season and Happy Birthday Duo
5. Tim Holtz Distress Inks Peeled Paint & Wild Honey
4. Memento Rich Cocoa


For my second card I chose the Distress Embossed Pattern Paper technique. You can see Gina's video here. The distressing on my card is very subtle but there, the embossing shows very nicely on the pattern paper. I think together they create a beautiful Spring card. The butterfly is stamped on vellum paper and heat embossed with white embossing powder.


Here's a close up.



The materials:
1. Gina K Pure Luxury Heavy Base Weight White for the card base.
2. Bubblegum Pink card stock
3. Petals & Wings pattern paper embossed with a Cuttlebug Folder and distressed with Memento New Sprout 
4. Sentiment and butterfly from Stately Flowers 7
5. Pearls and baker's twine

It was such a pretty day today that I decided to take pictures of my cards next to my flowering bougainvillea plant. Here's hoping it gets warm wherever you are.

Have a wonderfully creative weekend and thanks for stopping by.




No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to read your comments. Thanks for taking the time to leave one.