Pages

Saturday, February 1, 2014

Mod Squad Challenge - Case a Designer

Happy Saturday everyone! I hope everyone is getting their craft on.

I'm so glad to have the chance to join the Mod Squad Challenge this week. This week their challenge is to CASE (Copy And Share Everything) a designer. For me, one of the hardest parts of this type of challenge is deciding who and what to case. There are so many talented designers and such beautiful projects to choose from. Once the decision is made, then it's executing the card and hope you do justice to the original.

Well, I decided to case one of Melanie Muenchinger's cards.  Her card features her Stately Flowers 7 stamp set. Her Stately Flowers series is so beautiful and while I only have two I look forward to getting them all little by little. Okay, so here's her card:
CAS Stately Flowers 7


And here's mine:


I used the same images but went with Gina K's Pure Luxury Kraft cardstock for the card base. The other colors I used were Cherry Red, Honey Mustard and Dark Sage. The flowers were stamped with black Memento inkpad. I added 3D Crystal Lacquer to the butterfly to give it some dimension and shine.  Hope you like it.

Hugz and Blessings.






7 comments:

  1. Nice job Sylvia. Love how you got a similar look as Melanie's but changed it to different colors. Wish I had more time to play.....so much fun seeing what everyone has done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done Sylvia!! You have captured Melanie's card perfectly! And that butterfly is so stunning - I love the gold embossing on black. Your colors are perfect too....love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty and love your color choices!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty with the color blocking! Thanks so much for playing with Mod Squad!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to read your comments. Thanks for taking the time to leave one.