Pages

Friday, January 10, 2014

Gina K Guest DT Challenge

Happy Friday everyone! This year I did not make any resolutions because as much as I try, -well sort of LOL-- my determination doesn't last past March. Come to think of it, that only happens with my weight loss, exercising or getting organized resolutions, LOL! Now, what I do want to do in 2014 is challenge myself more in my card making craft by learning and experimenting with new techniques, mediums and sketches. I've learned that the best way to grow in a craft is to participate in challenges, scary I know, but well worth it, and you get feedback from fellow crafters. The best is the satisfaction you get when you learn that one of your cards has made someone's day --as the commercial says, "priceless". 

Gina K and StampTV is giving everyone the chance for a spot as guest DT during the months of Feb, April, July, Sept and Nov. I've been participating (when I can, and not as much as I want) in StampTV's weekly challenges, but not for a spot as a guest DT!  Their first Guest DT Challenge is a technique challenge. We have to use the color on color emboss resist technique. For a great tutorial on this technique watch Gina's video "Color on Color Emboss Resist". I enjoyed it so much I made two cards.



For both cards I used the same flower from Melanie Muenchinger's Stately Flowers 3 stamp set. The sentiment is from GKD Labeled with Love. The card base for the first card is Pure Luxury Ivory layered with Bubblegum Pink. I colored the flower with Copic markers, fussy cut it and adhered it to the card with foam dots for added dimension. For the sentiment I used Spellbinder's Fancy Tags. The card base for the second card is Fresh Asparagus layered with Ocean Mist. Here I stamped the sentiment on vellum and embossed it with black embossing powder and die cut using Grommet Tags.  I hope you like them.

Have a wonderfully creative weekend!





2 comments:

  1. Love both your cards Sylvia, but the pink is my favorite. You executed the technique perfectly here!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Judy for coming by and leaving me a comment. I really had fun with this technique and think I'll be using it more often.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to read your comments. Thanks for taking the time to leave one.