Pages

Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Can you believe it, December is here!

Ok, so what happened to November? One moment it's here, the next it's not. It flew by all too quickly, and for me it was loaded with activities. This November we had two wonderful family gatherings. The first was to celebrate Thanksgiving a la Puerto Rico! Yes, we had turkey and all the fixings, but we added our arroz con gandules (rice with pigeon peas, yummm) and some add roast pork. Then for dessert we had pumpkin pie, pecan pie, pumpkin cake, carrot cake (mine, of course!); but we also had Tres Leches and flan. I love it when we can mix both traditions; it's a little like having family and friends together, this gives way to new traditions seasoned with the best of both worlds.  As a child I heard songs like White Christmas and Aguinaldos Navideños. For the first time ever, I had our Christmas tree up and decorated before we sat down to eat turkey. Thanks to my elves!!


The second gathering was a barbecue at my house.  My sister-in-law (my BFF and Scrabble opponent) and father-in-law came to Puerto Rico to spend Thanksgiving with us. My sis-n-law was never able to come here for the holidays, so it was extra special. We had a really good time, we reconnected with family members and made plans for the upcoming Christmas Holidays; and mind you, our festivities will last until the 6th of January when we celebrate Three Kings Day.

Since I was busy making preparations, I didn't have time to share a card I made with you. I made it for a Stamptv challenge and  used the Latina Crafter sketch challenge #29. Things got so hectic, I forgot to upload it in time for the November sketch challenge over at Latina Crafter. For the base I used Gina K's Pure Luxury Heavy Base Weight White, Honey Mustard and Dark Sage. The printed paper is from her Sun-kissed Autumn paper pack and the pumpkin stamp from Celebrate the Season.


I also want to share with you these poinsettias that I made using my Silhouette Cameo and the Christmas Flowers cut file I purchased from Lori Whitlock.   With this cut file you can make any size flower you want using Design Studio or any program that reads svg cut files. I am having so much fun making them to decorate my office. Christmas is definitely in the air!!


I truly hope that all those that celebrate Thanksgiving had a great one.  I pray that this Advent will help us prepare our homes and our hearts for the celebration of our Lord's birth. May you all have a wonderfully creative day! Hugz and Blessings.


1 comment:

  1. Sweet little card!! Thanks for sharing your traditions for the holidays. I really enjoyed reading about how you make memories!!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to read your comments. Thanks for taking the time to leave one.