Pages

Tuesday, October 29, 2013

October is Almost Over

Hi everyone, I can't believe that a month has gone by since my last post and can you believe that October is almost over. Where did the time go?  

I've been super busy cranking out Quinceañera invitations. They are done and delivered. I saw on Facebook that my sweet client is super happy with how they turned out. Since she's already seen them, I can now post a picture here.  I bought this oh so cute digital stamp from Stampin Up and my sister found the verse online (don't know the author).  I made a Silouhette cut file for the dress and found a cut file for the envelope.  It was a lot of work but well worth it to see the smile on my young client.  Now to continue with my niece's wedding invitations. I'll post a picture once I'm done.


Today I took a break from the wedding invitations to participate in a StampTV challenge. The challenge for this week was to make a card using the kissing technique, isn't that a great name, gotta love it, LOL!  If you haven't seen this technique, check out this video from Gina K.  I had fun with it and I'm sure you will too. 


I did the kissing technique using two sizes of leaves from Gina K's Whimsical Wishes stamp set. For the larger leaves I inked the stamp with Memento Bamboo Leaves and 'kissed' it with Lacy Borders inked with Potter's Clay. For the smaller leaves I used New Sprout also 'kissed' with Potter's Clay.  This technique is fun and versatile.



Another technique I tried was with the sentiment. I first inked the stamp with Versamark, then with Bamboo Leaves; stamped on vellum, poured Super Fine Detail Clear embossing powder (Ranger) then used the heat gun. This gives the sentiment a glossy finish and a slightly raised look. I will definitely be using this technique again.  Here's a close up:


This is all for now, until next time.

Hope you have a wonderfully creative day!!  Hugz and Blessings!







7 comments:

  1. Te felicito Sylvia, por tus talentos. Me encantó la técnica de "kissing". Soy Amiga de Iris y Delia. Saludos, Marie Rivera

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gracias Maria por la visita y dejarme tan bonito mensaje. Cualquier amiga de mis hermanas Iris & Delia, son amigas mías también. Bendiciones.

      Delete
  2. Awesome cards Sylvia. And I think Gina really liked your kiss technique card - thought I saw her comment on it. So tell me what the other card with the sweet girl image is for. Sweet Sixteen or something? Of course I can't read the verse on it. Great job on both. And yes, I cannot believe that October is almost over either. The holidays will be upon us soon!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Judy for visiting my blog and leaving a comment. I truly appreciate it. The sweet girl image is of a Quinceañera. The Latin custom is to celebrate young girls 15th birthday (instead of Sweet Sixteen). It's a very pretty custom -or a rite of passage- where we celebrate the young girl becoming a young lady.

      Delete
  3. Cómo te quedan de hermosas las tarjetas!!!! elegantes y muy bien logradas!!!! felicidades Sylvia por tu arte!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gracias Patry, agradezco la visita y tu comentario.

      Delete
  4. Gorgeous card Sylvia! You've done a masterful job with the kissing technique here. Love your layout and lovely warm color palette.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to read your comments. Thanks for taking the time to leave one.