Pages

Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Hello from  Puerto Rico.

This is my first very first post of my newly created blog. 

I chose the name "Cards, Cookies & Carrot Cake" as the title of my blog because these are my three favorite things to make. 


Cards: Although I've only been at this card making hobby for three years, I totally love it! Somehow I came upon Gina K. Designs Stamptv and got completely hooked with all their products, their creative team and fellow members. I've joined in the fun with their challenges, chats, blog hops and have even won some awesome grab bags full of wonderful products. You can take a look at my creations featuring Gina K. stamps and paper hereCookies & Carrot Cake: well I've been baking cookies & Carrot Cake for about 30 years. I started baking cookies for Christmas with my daughter, Celina Rose, mostly to create beautiful childhood memories. We've been at it ever since. A friend taught me to bake carrot cake and now it's a favorite dessert among my family and friends.

I also enjoy making cards using stamps from Latina Crafter. I found Latina Crafter through the very talented Giovanna Smith. She's a DT for Latina Crafter, but at that moment she was also a DT for Gina K. Designs. I was looking for stamps in Spanish for my cards and saw them in her blog. My first cards in Spanish were for Christmas (here). I was recently selected to receive the "Talento Latino" designation for one of my cards.  I used a Latina Crafter stamp and Gina K's Petals & Wings paper. 



Recently, Latina Crafter made their first DT call, and I am very interested in becoming part of their design team. I think it's a great opportunity, which will help me grow in my craft. The challenge will be to demonstrate my creative talent using their products. Let's see what happens.

I hope to share techniques that I've picked up along the way and products that I love using. Hope you can join me in this new venture.

Have a wonderfully creative day!

Sylvia

8 comments:

  1. That is a very pretty card and I am excited for your design team opportunity. I was approached by Kiwi Lane to do their blog hop in October using their templates. I am so excited for them to get here. Good Luck and I think I might be your FIRST follower!!

    Take Care,
    Kathy Carter http://carterscraftingcorner.blogspot.com/
    https://www.facebook.com/CartersCraftingCorner?ref=hl

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, you're my first. Woohoo! Congrats on your good news, I'll look forward to it. Thanks Cathy

      Delete
  2. Felicitaciones por tu talento y por ser una mujer dulce y sensitiva....lo transmites en tus lindos trabajos!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gracias Patry por tus palabras tan bonitas. Son apreciados.

      Delete
  3. Me encanta!! La tajetita esta bien alegre e inspiradora. Bienvenida a este mundo :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sylvia. Shari here, bookmarked you girl. Glad to see you here again. Will be back, The drop down below does not give a place to put your blog addy, but mine has changed since when we were in the group. It is www.lilybugcards.com Have a good one. I'll follow you through google, but mine is through bloglovin.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sylviaaaaaaa bienvenida al mundo bloguero!!! tus trabajos muy lindos, llenos de color y detalles hermosos!!!!

    salÜditos....!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Te ha quedado una tarjeta llena de color y muy luminosa es bien bonita, felicidades!!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to read your comments. Thanks for taking the time to leave one.